Configurable Password Reset Solution for Extra Security
Password policies can be ramped up on the spectrum from easy to remember to so complex that it is impossible to remember. This should be true for your password reset solution as well. Password Center has been designed to easily fit the environment you are running. From something as simple as the number of questions asked to authenticate to increasing a level of password complexity even stricter than Active Directory requires, Password Center gives the administrator options.
“It took me less than 2 weeks to get everyone enrolled and using Password Center. Once set up, we immediately saw a significant 40% drop in help desk calls.”
Active Directory Administrator
Large Accounting Firm
Save Users and IT Time
GroupID Password Center increases productivity for both IT and the business. Users should never lose productive time to forgotten passwords. And they should not spend the organization’s money calling the help desk for something so easy to fix.
A simple enrollment process will prompt the user to pick questions and unique answer to authenticate who they are when they reset their password. A simple client is installed on each machine using Group Policy so that they are prompted for “forgotten password” when trying to sign in. If they are at a remote computer, a web page is available.
Password Center is one of those ROI producing solutions that your users install once and is available at all times. This saves IT both time and money. Reducing help desk calls is the first goal of an effective IT organization so that resources can be best utilized strategically. Password reset questions are the number one cause of help desk calls, eliminate those and you are on the path to productivity.
How Does GroupID Password Center Do It?
Password Center is a web-based portal that allows an end user to authenticate themselves in the case of a forgotten or lost password or even a lockout. The user authenticates themselves against the set of questions and answers that were given during enrollment and then choose a new password that meets or exceeds the current Active Directory password requirements.
The simple to use MMC administrative interface allows IT to create multiple identity portals, manage enrollments, notifications, passwords and enrollment questions in one easy to use administrative portal.
There are multiple levels of administration so the help desk can manage user passwords but not change password complexities for example. Or you might find it easier to have the help desk manage their chores through the web based front end.
One of the main advantages that Password Center has is that it is the same intuitive interface for your end users as our GroupID Self Service portal.
Features & Benefits
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista
- Microsoft® Windows® 7
Server operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2012
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft® Active Directory® 2003
- Microsoft® Active Directory® 2008
- Microsoft® Active Directory® 2012
- Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003
- Microsoft® Exchange Server 2007 SP2
- Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- Microsoft® Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft® Management Console 3.0
- Windows® PowerShell 1.0
- Microsoft® Distributed Transaction Coordinator
- 2.4GHz Pentium® IV or higher (or the minimum CPU required to run the operating system, whichever is higher)
- 4GB RAM or higher (or the minimum RAM required to run the operating system, whichever is higher)
- 500MB or more of hard drive space available for execution (in addition to the requirements of the Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributable)