Max Wertheimer, the founder of the Gestalt Theory once stated in a borrowed and commonly referenced Aristotle philosophy that “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts”. This observation states that at times, two entities can collectively be of greater benefit or value than what would be possible with their value independently. This concept applies to the beneficial relationship of Imanami’s GroupID suite of products.
Imanami has been successful in helping over 500 companies get their Active Directory Groups organized with role based group membership. The GroupID Suite of Active Directory tools are based on that very specific goal and accomplish that task from multiple angles. When an organization combines multiple GroupID modules together, they realize even greater benefits than what each module would be capable when they exist separately.
Here are some examples:
Automate and Self Service
- Extend the power of Active Directory group expiration in GroupID Self Service to the intelligent GroupID Automate created Smart Groups and Dynasties.
- Delegate Inclusion and Exclusion updates in Smart Groups with GroupID Self-Service opt-in and opt-out workflows.
- Through delegation, allow Self-Service users to update group attributes including behavior of distribution groups used by Exchange.
- Delegate through Self-Service the ability to change, update, or add group ownership and additional owners.
- Common logging between modules that is contextual to the group.
- Unlike the possibility with third party Active Directory delegation tools, Self-Service will certainly not break the functionality of existing GroupID Automate based Smart Groups.
Automate and Password Center
- For Password Center users, when you add Automate, you can create password expiry distribution groups for advanced notification of impending password expiration.
- For Automate users, the Password Center portal gives your users a place to easily and quickly change their password when prompted that a password is about to expire.
Automate and Synchronize
- GroupID Automate accuracy is improved significantly when the attributes in Active Directory are current and reflect up to date information from an authoritative source. GroupID Synchronize ensures that the critical information used to determine group membership in Smart Groups is always current.
- If using GroupID Automate to create shadow groups (groups based on an OU), GroupID Synchronize can ensure that the user objects are always provisioned in the correct group upon hiring.
Synchronize and Self Service
- GroupID Self-Service when used for delegating updates to user profiles goes hand in hand with a central source of data (typically an HRIS system) via GroupID Synchronize for a closed-loop method of ensuring accurate data in Active Directory.
- With bi-directional synchronization, users who update their personal information through the GroupID Self-Service portal into Active Directory can then have their information pushed back down into their HRIS system. Make sure your paycheck goes to the right address after a move for example.
If you already own a GroupID product, contact one of our friendly account representatives to receive a demonstration of these products working together.
Imanami is the Leader in Active Directory Group Management Software focusing on Security Groups and Distribution List Management Automation.
For more Tips and Tricks Dealing with Active Directory Management Security Groups and Distribution Lists please join our blog at:
For a free 30-day software trial download of all our products, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how our products can save you time and money by automating the manual processes of group management, click the button below to download a free whitepaper: